GlobalWarmingisReal contributor Anders Hellum-Alexander wraps-up and comments on the climate and environmental news headlines for the past week:
- The business of climate change denial is getting more frail with time. With the summer heat and storms Americans are starting to believe in global warming. It is statistically proven that the more extreme the weather the more Americans are inclined to believe in climate change. That means that most of Americans will be believers soon.
- This is what flooding looks like, and right now a lot of humans are struggling with it.
- Romney has been fundraising with the Koch brothers, Dick Cheney and Condoleezza Rice. How could a President so entrenched in the interests of the rich fairly represent the interests of the masses? Events like these attract the attention of Occupy protesters. The Koch brothers, Cheney and Rice all are thoroughly connected to the oil industry and their foreign affairs beliefs reflect it.
- The price of oil is up in the yo-yo game of oil prices. The higher the price of oil the quicker we end our reliance on it.
- Ikea is going Solar!
- Energy is a human health and an environmental issue because pollution from the energy industry hurts but humans and their environment.
- Did you know that fertilizers from farms is poisoning the Mississippi river and the Gulf of Mexico? This is just one of the environmental problems caused by modern large-scale agriculture.