GlobalWarmingisReal contributor Anders Hellum-Alexander wraps-up the climate and environmental news headlines for the past week:
- GOP attack on Obama’s environmental policies coming from “all sides”. All pendulums swing. With the surge of environmentalism in the government and grass-roots activisim. conservatives are forced to respond. Nothing drastic would pass the senate or pen of Obama though.
- The price of oil is on the rise, the higher it goes the quicker we will get off it.
- With turmoil in the Middle East oil production is being affected, and Great Britain is seeking to accelerate its trajectory away from foreign oil dependence.
- Great Britain is becoming more aware of how climate change will effect its shores.
- Environmental activist Tim Dechristopher convicted of two felonies. In court no mention was allowed of why he committed the crime.
- Go Solar! More on solar technology innovation.
- Russia is finding itself with increasing environmental regulation. Out of necessity rather than science.
- MotherJones provides a snap shot of what coal has done to some towns in the US.
- After a recent review the European Union is not increasing its targets of pollution reduction, but if Europe meets its energy efficiency targets the pollution targets will be greatly exceeded.