GlobalWarmingisReal contributor Anders Hellum-Alexander wraps-up the climate and environmental news headlines for the past week:
- Another oil spill in the ocean threatens endangered species in Australia.
- The anti-fracking movement is gaining momentum as the White House pushes for more natural gas extraction. The natural gas industry is dropping money on politicians to make sure they get their way, $1.34 million in the last four years in New York state is silencing the electorate and suppressing democracy.
- A mild winter in the US has decreased the demand for natural gas, increasing supply and pushing prices down.
- Scientists reveal that natural gas is not “clean” when compared to oil or coal, emitting just as much greenhouse gases as other fossil fuels. This article published in the Wall St. Journal highlight many of the myths promoted by the natural gas industry.
- The Brookings Institute provides commentary on US energy policy. The analysis asserts that the price of renewable energy and dirty energy are what will drive positive change by means of a carbon tax – but what an unpopular word: “tax”.
- Here is an article pushing the environmentalism kills jobs argument (or better characterized as a “myth”. Read More→