GlobalWarmingisReal contributor Anders Hellum-Alexander wraps-up and comments on the climate and environmental news headlines for the past week. This week Anders is on a much-deserved vacation. The editor of GlobalWarmingisReal is taking over Anders’ duties this week curating some of the headlines in climate, energy and sustainability for the past week.
- State Department issues statement on climate impacts of Keystone XL pipeline – or is it climate impacts on Keystone pipeline?
Keystone XL: State Department Downplays Climate Change Dangers – Energy Collective: State Department Downplays Climate Change Dangers.The State Department issued an recklessly insufficient environmental review of the Keystone XL tar sands oil pipeline on Friday.
- Kansas legislators just say no to Koch Brothers attempt to thwart Kansas Renewable Energy Standard
Kansas Ignores Koch Brothers, Keeps Renewable Energy – CleanTechnica: Kansas Ignores Koch Brothers, Keeps Renewable Energy – The Topeka Capital-Journal reports that twin votes in Kansas State House and Senate on Thursday put the kibosh on legislative efforts to roll back Kansas Renewable Energy Standard.
- Survey shows many Brits want to switch to renewable energy
46 Percent Of Brits Interested In Switching To Renewable Energy Electricity Company – CleanTechnica - The renewable energy company Ecotricity commissioned the survey. Its founder, Dale Vince, said that “many consumers incorrectly expected greener energy to be more costly.
- Sustainability is just good business
Sustainability may be closer to business as usual than you think - Lean Six Sigma can be used to justify and prioritize corporate sustainability projects.
- Obama picks cabinet heads for energy and environment
Fuel Fix » Obama names picks to head energy and environment - Obama names picks to head energy and environment agencies.
- Climate change conspiracy theories difficult to take seriously
Climate Change Conspiracy Theorist’s Report “A Pile Of Horse Shit” - In short, the motivation for the whole science of human-caused climate change is down to a heady mix of “international bankers”, “socialists” and a desire for “global control”.