8 responses

1. anoimis
    October 13, 2008

I think that u all r sucky Al gore Rocks

2. Q-tip
    November 3, 2008

Wow anoimis. That was a really well articulated and well thought out statement. NOT. Don’t say anything if you have nothing to say but elementary school name-calling and poor grammer. I think that if even the author of this article, a self-proclaimed liberal, thinks that Hollywood and the acting business in general is hypocritical with all their ‘green’ talk, then it sure as heck is. I personally don’t think we have such a huge impact on ‘global warming.’ It’s a natural cycle.

3. steven
    January 9, 2009

al gore is a little sissy panzy ass bitch

4. Thomas Schueneman
    January 9, 2009

Hmmm… Guess it takes one to know one.

• MM McGee
      September 23, 2011

That makes three of you, then. Oh, wait. Now it’s four of us? Damn.

5. JC53
    September 23, 2009

I too have begun to wonder about this global warming controversy. Now dont get me wrong, I am all for going green, but it seems to me that we put too much emphasis on global warmign and not enough on doing what makes sense. Recently, my wife and I replaced the roof on our home with a new light colored tin roof. This cut our electric bill significantly. We also went through an insulated a number of areas in the house that were without insulation. Shaved another few dollars off the electric bill. these are just a few examples. I guess what I am saying is that regardless of global warming, we should be taking care of what we have because not to take care of it means we are being wasteful. When you look at someone like Al Gore, who is the biggest proponnent of global warming, and examine his life style, its almost hypocrytical. He flies around in a private jet liner when he could purchase tickets and ride with everyone else. Doesnt that waste jet fuel? He owns several homes none of which is energy efficient. Now I am not a Bush fan, but evil King George’s home in Texas is just as big as Gore’s, yet uses only a fraction of the energy because he designed his home with efficiency in mind. Can anyone say irony? This is an excellent article.

6. jake
    April 25, 2013

I am only 15 but wouldn’t you think that Al Gore would be more energy saficiant he has his own jet two houses that aren’t that energy safisiant i mean come on

• Thomas Schueneman
      April 25, 2013

Thanks for the comment Jake. Sure, Al Gore very possibly could be more energy efficient (the word I believe you are looking for in your comment is “efficient”). I don’t know for a fact about him owning a jet or the exact nature of his energy efficiency. To be fair to Gore you may want to verify your sources on that, but I understand your point. I believe that was the point of this blog post (which I assume you read). We need to focus on the issue and not on a “straw man” argument – which is a very popular way of diverting attention away from the real issue at hand. A lot of people don’t like Gore for a lot of different reasons. That doesn’t take away the importance of truly understanding energy, sustainability and climate change outside of the politically polarized “debate” commonly seen in the mainstream press.